Friday, October 10, 2008

A change I want to make in Paper Moon




One thing I would change about the book "Paper Moon" is the fact that the author uses a lot of numbers instead of words. For example, "After a week or two, we raised this to $300, then $400, and, finally, hit on $500 as just the right amount..." It just gets really annoying at times and I wish it would say the written number instead of the actual number. If I could change the way the author writes the numbers in the book then I would and I would make sure that the sentence absolutely, positively needs to be there and if it does then I would make sure it needs all those numbers and then convert them to written numbers. For example, "After a weeek or two, we raised this to three hundred dollars, then four hundred dollars, and, finally, hit on five hundred dollars as just the right amount..."

4 comments:

Hannah said...

yeah, i hate it when authors do that. it gets irritating after awhile, i once read a series where the author did that, and i just had to get used to it, because the books were really well written and i luvved everything about them, except for that.

Brieleigh said...

I feel the same way, I hate it when authors write the actual nu,ber instead of the writting it out. :D
Brieleigh

Julia said...

Yes, I love everything about this book, with the exception of the numbers...

J. Pingrey said...

I guess I never really paid attention to that sort of thing...unless I am reading research papers.